Call for papers: WFC ACC Education Conference 2020
By StaffFeatures Leadership Profession Chiropractic event WFC Conference
Deadline to submit is May 1, 2020
Poster Presentations: Poster presenters will bring a printed poster to display throughout the conference. Poster presenters will be asked to stand by their poster to answer questions about their research during designated break times. Poster abstracts of 250 words or less should include: objective, methods, results, and conclusion. Experimental studies involving human subjects (eg. comparative trials, pilot studies, cohort studies, and surveys) must have IRB/ethics board approval or exemption as determined by the author’s institution.
Workshop Presentations: Workshop leaders will provide an interactive workshop to develop skills of attendees. Workshops should not be lectures, a series of presentations, nor a substitute for the scientific platform sessions, instead they should engage the attendee in active learning. The workshop proposal of 250 words or less should include a brief description, a list of skill-based learning objectives, and outline of the presentation.
Innovations Presentations: Innovation panellists will each have approximately 5 minutes to present their educational innovation and then have a dialogue with the audience during the following panel discussion. Innovation presentations are not lectures or a substitute for platform presentations. Instead, their purpose is to present a true educational innovation. Innovations abstracts of 250 words or less should include: rationale or need for the innovation, short description of the innovation, and potential impact on chiropractic education.
Educational domains may include undergraduate, postgraduate, residencies, and any other specialty training relevant to chiropractic education. Topics may include:
- Basic Science Teaching
- Clinical Course Teaching
- Competency-based Training
- Continuous Quality Improvement
- Cultural Competency/Diversity
- Ethics in Education
- Faculty Development
- History of Chiropractic Education
- Interprofessional Education
- Library sciences
- Professionalism and Ethics
- Program Evaluation
- Public Health Education
- Standardized Testing, Psychometrics
- Student Assessment and Evaluation
- Teaching for Learners with Difficulties
- Teaching in the Classroom and Clinic
- Technology in Education
- Workforce development
- Other education-related topics
- Submit your abstract by May 1, 2020. Submission site link to be posted in January 2020.
- Abstracts must be in English and are limited to 250 words maximum Word count does not include title, authors or affiliations.
- Do not include: author names, affiliations, references, tables, graphs, figures, pictures, video, etc.
- All works related to education will be considered.
- A work is eligible if it has been presented at another meeting or if it has been published, or will be published, by the time of the conference in October 2020.
- Author responsibilities:
- The primary author will be the contact person responsible for submission of all required materials and all correspondence. The primary author is responsible for accuracy of the abstract submission.
- Abstracts will be published as submitted by the corresponding author. It is the responsibility of the primary author to ensure that all requirements are met.
- Any author (primary or coauthor) of the work may present. Only primary or coauthors are allowed to present at the conference (non-authors are not allowed to present).
- By submitting an abstract, the authors consent that the abstract will be published in the Journal of Chiropractic Education if the submission is accepted for presentation.
- Peer Review Process:
- All submissions will be evaluated for completeness, strength of contribution, and relevance to the conference by the WFC ACC Education Conference peer review committee.
- Primary authors will be notified by July 1, 2020.
- Presenting authors must complete paid registration (non-refundable) by July 15, 2020 to be included in the program and proceedings.
Questions about submissions should be directed to Dr Bart Green at firstname.lastname@example.org
For conference details please visit www.wfc.org/educonf_sanfrancisco2020
Print this page