Celebrate 115 years of chiropractic
By Maria DiDanieli
Sept. 9, Toronto, ON – The
York-Peel Chiropractic Society (YPCS) invites DCs to Port Perry, Ontario on Saturday, September 18 to
celebrate the 115th anniversary of the first chiropractic
event will begin at the Township of Scugog Municipal Office – about one hour and 15
minutes from Toronto
– and will consist of a number of functions lasting from 10:30 a.m. to 4
p.m. DCs are welcome to come for any one, or all, portions of the event.
The day’s itinerary is as follows
– Coffee reception, with 115th birthday cake, hosted by her worship
Marilyn Pearce, Mayor of the Township
– Presentation of a framed limited edition print of “The Founder’s Birthplace –
Port Perry, circa 1895” by renowned Canadian artist and professor at the
Ontario College of Art and Design (OCAD), Muriel Wood. The print will be presented to Mayor Pearce
by the York-Peel Chiropractic Society.
– Guided walking tour (three blocks) to the newly revitalized Palmer Park and
waterfront – site of D.D. Palmer plaque and statue.
p.m. – Luncheon with the York-Peel Chiropractic Society. Subsidized cost of $15 per person.
p.m. – Sight-seeing boat cruise on Lake
Scugog on the MV
Woodman. (Capacity 100.) Subsidized cost
of $25 per person. This two hour
narrated historical cruise boards at 1:45p.m. and departs at 2:00p.m.
– Free time in Port Perry where the founder was raised and worked until the age
of 20. Although Dr. D.D. Palmer was born
on a farm about 20 km west of Port Perry in 1845, we celebrate Port Perry as
the founder’s birthplace.
information, including registration details, menu options for the luncheon, and
cruise bookings, please contact YPCS Event Chair Dr. James Laws at 416-961-5400
or YPCS Membership Chair, Dr. Paul
Grittani at email@example.com.