[WEBINAR] The chiropractor’s role in tongue tie and breastfeeding
Enjoy a webinar on the chiropractor’s role in tongue tie and supporting new moms with breastfeeding.
You will learn:
– What is a tongue tie and why should chiropractors care?
– Types of infant feeding disorders (of MSK origin)
– Chiropractic role in tongue tie co-management
– How to collaborate with dentists, doctors, lactation consultants, occupational therapists, speech language therapists, feeding specialists
– Breastfeeding MSK issues: Treatment options, and how a chiropractor can help prevent injuries
– Research on the role of chiropractors for improving breastfeeding
About Dr. Darlene Buan-Basit:
Dr. Buan-Basit is a chiropractor with personal experience in breastfeeding challenges of tongue tied baby. Recognizing the difficulties for families, Dr. Buan-Basit has since been supporting babies before and after the frenectomy, and providing assessment/treatment of associated musculoskeletal issues. Having collaborated with health professionals in the field of breastfeeding, tongue ties/oral restrictions, Dr. Buan-Basit is now on the Board of Directors for the International Consortium of Ankylofrenula Professionals with a mission to educate, research and advocate for best practices globally.
The live presentation for this webinar took place May 7th 2019 at 12:30 EDT.
Print this page